Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Poultry, Veggies and...Jello?!? Oh My!



Happy Tuesday everyone! After the Turkey Day in May meal, I decided I needed to experiment with some new recipes.

So, I borrowed a couple of magazines from my Turkey Day friend and found one that seemed unusual. Of course, it stuck out to me because it has one of my favorite flavors: Lemon! What's so unusual you ask? The lemon flavor comes from Lemon Jello.

Unfortunately, my friends don't believe that Jello could work in something like this. I planned to prove them wrong. Did I? The answer is yes! The dish was amazing, even with my alterations! Plus, it makes a TON so I have plenty for a couple of days.

Lemon Chicken

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken
  • 1 package fresh snow peas (about 2 cups)
  • 1/2 small white onion, halved, then sliced
  • 1 small red pepper, cut into strips
  • 1 package of Lemon Jello
  • 1 Tbsp cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 2 Tbsp italian dressing
  • 1-1/2 tsp minced garlic
  • Pasta of your choice

Directions:

  1. Cut the chicken into slices
  2. Start boiling some pasta. I used campanelle.
  3. Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and brown.
  4. Add the onion, pepper and snow peas. Cook about 2 minutes, or until the onion softens.
  5. Mix the Jello and cornstarch in a small bowl, then stir in the chicken broth, italian dressing and garlic.
  6. Once the Jello is dissolved, add it into the skillet. Reduce heat to medium and cook 3-4 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
  7. Spoon the chicken on top of the pasta and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment