Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Another Kielbasa Attempt

What's this? ANOTHER blog post in under a week? Are the planets in alignment? Are we in Bizzaro World? Fear not, my friends, for I was able to get out of work on time tonight AND had the drive to actually cook and try to modify a previous recipe that I posted. As the title of this post suggests, I'm trying to use kielbasa again.





So, since my local grocery store tends to put kielbasa on sale for Buy 1 Get 1 Free all the time, I had an extra package in the freezer from my last recipe. I didn't have any potatoes, but I did have a few other ingredients in stock, so I figured I'd try something similar.





Kielbasa, Zucchini & Peppers

Ingredients:
1 Yellow Pepper
1 Zucchini
1 Yellow Onion
1lb rope of your favorite Polish Sausage
1 pinch of Coriander Powder
1 tsp Thyme leaves
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 box of Goya Yellow Rice



Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 425F
2) Roughly chop the onion and yellow pepper into medium sized chunks
3) Slice the zucchini about 1/4" thick, halving the larger slices to reduce cooking time
4) Put onion, pepper and zucchini in a bowl and lightly coat with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, thyme and coriander and toss with your hands. Spread onto a large baking sheet.
5) Slice the kielbasa about 1/4" thick and distribute on the baking sheet as well.
6) Cook the rice using the directions on the box. Once you cover the rice, put the baking sheet in the oven.
7) Roast for 25 minutes tossing after 10 minutes. Increase oven heat to 450 when there is 10 minutes left.
8) Plate the rice and serve the kielbasa on top.

Enjoy!
--Kyle

1 comment:

  1. For this one ... a picture was indeed worth a thousand words : )

    ReplyDelete