Sunday, December 6, 2009

Winter Chicken Bake

Welcome to yet another episode of Eating with Kyle. If you couldn't guess, I'm your host, Kyle. Today, I have a wonderful recipe that I found from the wonderful AllRecipes website. It actually wasn't what I had planned to cook tonight. I was originally looking for a Chicken and Rice recipe that would be good with 3 boneless chicken breasts, but for some reason all the recipes asked for either a full chicken or 8 breasts. What's up with that???



Anyway, the recipe that I have for you today is call Winter Chicken Bake. It's a bunch of great things all mixed together and baked. It was surprisingly tasty and not as sweet as I expected. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture for you today because I was so hungry that I forgot to take one. I do have a picture of the leftovers though...please pardon the brightness. ;-)



On to the recipe!







Winter Chicken Bake



Ingredients:


1 sweet potato
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 Golden Delicious or Granny Smith Apple
about 20 baby carrots, chopped
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 Tbsp your favorite BBQ sauce
1 cup dried cranberries


Directions:


1) Preheat oven to 375F and spray a baking dish with some Pam.
2) Slice the sweet potato in half and poke the peel sides with a fork. Put in a microwave-safe dish and add about 1/2 cup water, or until the water is about 1/2" deep. Cook 9-10 minutes in the microwave. Let cool. Peel & cut into large chunks, then set aside.


3) Arrange the onion, carrots & apple in the baking dish. Cover the chicken on both sides with the BBQ sauce and place on top of the apple mixture. Add the sweet potato to the dish and then sprinkle the cranberries on top.


4) Bake for 55-65 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the thickest spot. Cool for 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment